Friday, April 12, 2013

Baked Fish and Rice

TGIF! This is the last day of work until vacation for me. I might do a few posts next week, but definitely not one every day. I have much needed relaxing time with my family coming up! So today on Foodie Fridays, I am going to share a recipe I made last week that was really good and something different. Let's get started.



You will need:
  • 1-1/2 cups chicken broth  - Try to use Low Sodium
  • 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice  
  • 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning  
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder  
  • 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained  
  • 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese  
  • 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided 
  • 1 pound salmon
  • Dash paprika 
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 
This is how you make it:
  • In a large saucepan, combine the broth, rice, Italian seasoning and garlic powder, bring to a boil. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Add the broccoli, Parmesan cheese and half of the onions. Top with fish fillets; sprinkle with paprika.
  • Cover and bake 20-25 minutes longer or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese and remaining onions. Return to the oven for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Pretty easy to make and will fill you up quickly. Adding the broccoli really helps give you nutrients you need. If you ever try one of the recipes I post, let me know how you liked it. Hope you all have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment