Friday, May 10, 2013

Sweet and Spicy Chicken

TGIF! At this point, I'm going to stop apologizing for not posting everyday, my readers know I'm busy and can't post everyday, so there I said it. On to the food! Today on Foodie Fridays I am going to share a recipe I made this week called Sweet & Spicy Chicken. The family loved it and I think you will too. Let's get started.

Ingredients:

  • 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (Get low sodium if you can find it)
  • 1 pound of boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
  • 2 tablespoons of canola oil
  • 1 jar of chunky salsa (11 oz)
  • 1/2 cup peach preserves
  • Hot cooked rice
Directions:
  • Place taco seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and toss to coat.
  • In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil until no longer pink. Combine salsa and preserves; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Serve on top of cooked hot rice.

Tell me that is not the easiest recipe ever?! It is also very delicious and you can double the ingredients and feed a ton of people. So next time you feel like some Chinese take out, opt for this healthier version instead and save some money. Hope you all have a great weekend! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment