Tuesday, April 30, 2013

30 Day Squat Challenge

Hello! I apologize for skipping a few days, just been very busy. I am back today though to share something for Trendy Tuesdays. Recently, I saw a bunch of people on Facebook post a picture that was called the "30 Day Squat Challenege". It came with a picture of a woman's booty and instructions on how to do it. Below is a picture I found that is a little more tasteful for my female audience.


I have not personally done this, but I have asked around and gotten some feedback from some people and based my own opinion on it.

PROS
  • Everyone that does it says they see results within the first week, and are happy with the results at the end of it.
  • No one seems to of given up because it was too hard.
  • Because you aren't using weight, the amount of squats you have to do are reasonable.
  • Everyone likes a firmer booty
CONS
  • Not very popular with men. Tends to be something women try. Although men appreciate the effort by the women.
  • After the 30 days is up, you have to figure out a workout to keep your lower body in shape and continue to work out. 
  • Doing this every 30 days is not the best idea. You will eventually plateau and get discouraged because your body stopped changing.

So really, it's not bad at all. Just need to keep in mind that this is a temporary exercise that should help your lower body get into shape for the gym or running. Also, make sure to stretch before and after doing this so you don't cramp up, especially on days where you have to do 100+ squats. I encourage women to try this if they have no gym membership but are trying to find a way to get great legs at home.

4 comments:

  1. What about the ab challenge? Any thoughts or assignments?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best thing for your abs is a lean diet. Once you have the fat off your belly then I would focus more on exercises to strengthen your core. I'll post something soon for abs! Thanks Matt!

      Delete
  2. neurocare - Zengar.com is an Industry Leader in Healthy Brain Workout, Fitness Program, Neurofeedback for ADHD, Brain Exercises, Neurocare, PTSD Disorder and Biofeedback Systems."/>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah! That is one great 30 Squats workout challenge. I have only hit 50 weighted squats so far. I do like the one you mentioned but 250 squats are not going to have a lot of impact. Why not get it to the next level by addings weights? Or increasing weights with each set?

    ReplyDelete